Image Map

They Know Me So Well

Saturday 7 January 2012


I wasn't online between Christmas and New Year, so had no chance to talk about Christmas presents. I'm not convinced I would have done a haul type post anyway, cos although it's tempting to share all the lovely goodies I received (and I got lots), there is something of the "OMG I am a spoiled brat with ELEVENTYMILLION PRESENTS!!" about it. So take it as read that I am a spoiled brat, ok? I'll mention presents on here as and when I wear/use them.




Like, um, today! You've all seen the coat and jumper and shorts before, but the accessories are new to me. They're all presents from amazing ladies in Blogland. I hereby salute your exceptional taste. I can't think of anything more me and it's such a wonderful feeling when you know that someone has really thought about what you would like.



I took part in Lakota's Christmas Charity Shop swap and was paired up with the fabulous Curtise. There was a price limit set (naturally I blued most of mine on one thing - sorry!) and Curtise did so well with it - I had tons of little parcels to open! Love, love, love this necklace.

Zoe sent me the scarf and I absolutely adore it. Not that this picture quite does the pattern or the colours justice but it's beautiful.


And the shoes... As you might imagine if you know both of us, Char was responsible for sending these my way. Actual squealing took place during the unwrapping. I have these harlequin pumps in both green and purple but I didn't even know they came in the colourway. Aren't they fab?

Jumper - H&M
Shorts - George sale
Coat - Kookai, car boot sale
Shoes - Irregular Choice, present
Scarf - Jacqmar, present
Beads - present

22 comments:

  1. Ooh, the necklace is pretty :) Can't wait to see the rest of your presents when you wear/use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well they know you.... great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh I love the necklace and the shoes are just cute!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curtise nailed your colours completely in that necklace. Glad you had a successful swap. I got eleventy million pressies too, but no clothes, so still need to be spendy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are lovely :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby gifts - the shoes are just wonderful! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo, really nice modelling! Love the coat and shoes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely gifts Alex. Those shoes are lush! Great colours. I would have squealed too!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that coat is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving those orange shorts Alex :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look bloody fabulous in that outfit girly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to steal your pumps. That is all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. (Sorry, did a typo!)

    Lucky girl, some lovely things there. The beads in particular are beautiful. And you're looking so slim and slinky!

    (I don't mind show and tell posts of people's Christmas presents, but I detest the word 'haul'!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look lovely Alex and yes indeed, they are such thoughtful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pressies- I love looking at necklaces that look like boiled sweets! So lovely and colourful!
    Oh dear, by your stadnards, I am a spoiled brat- I did worry it might appear like that but I decided to do it anyway because I had so many nice things, I wanted to keep a record and show my appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pressies, and I love the way you're wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm besotted with those shoes I am so so so all about irregular choice!

    dp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pleased you like the beads, Alex - I rather thought they were your colours!
    You look wonderful in those shorts, every time I see you in shorts looking so fab I think I should get some (But I'm scared...!)
    Great shoes, you are the perfect ambassador/ress for Irregular Choice!
    Love the coat too. xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab presents from blogland, you are right Alex knowing someone has put some thought into what you would like really does mean a lot. Those shoes are very you and of course very lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, the blog gifty thing sounds super nice (ps - this is me totally blog reading like wot I said I would!) and I like the charidee shop idea! I also feel a bit funny about Xmas gift posts. Mind you, I'm a nosey bugger and love seeing what people got. I juyst get the "ooh, look at all my awesomeness" discomfort you so eloquently describe! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!