Image Map

Miaow

Tuesday 17 April 2012


I think I am having a bit of a clothes crisis. Well, perhaps not a crisis exactly. That makes it sound awfully dramatic. But I don't have anything new, and in the land of the fashion/style blog this is somewhat of a problem.  I doubt anyone is bothered that I repeat outfits all the time in real life - I mean really, unless you have a huge wardrobe or an infinite amount of dosh, things do get worn over and over again.  I don't like to repeatedly blog the same things though.

It meant quite the session of wardrobe rummaging to find something "blogworthy", which I know is an awful description, but is basically how I classify my outfits.  Non-blogworthy stuff includes my ancient jeans, boring vest top and cardi combos, work fleeces and suchlike.  Shock horror, I often dress like quite the scruff. 

Anyway, huzzah, thought I.  I don't believe I've blogged my cat shoes.  My cat shoes are BRILLIANT.

But they are scared of the rain, and the weather was muchly changeable today, so a brolly had to be kept close at hand.

Dress - Per Una
Cardi - Gap
Belt - Primark
Shoes - Irregular Choice 'Cheese on Toast'
Necklace - twas my Grandma's

23 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those shoes Alex. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work man, I am really glad to be 1 of several visitants on this awful site : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the look Alex, especially the shoes.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shoes! I love that blogging makes my think more about what I can pair items with to show different looks online without spending loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Alex, those shoes, THOSE SHOES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these shoes are amazing, obviously seeing as they feature cats. I know the problem, and am always wondering whether something is blogworthy or not! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cor....I love the cat shoes!

    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These shoes are absolutely adorable! Loving your whole outfit actually. I often feel the same way as you about outfits but I have to say that I do like to see how folk style the same item in different ways. It's easy to style something once to to keep reinventing it is the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheese on toast?!! Tremendous. Are they comfy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are amazing! Love them!!
    I understand what you mean, but think the way you wear the clothes and the accessories you add can totally change an item of clothing, and that is refreshing for readers to see as it gives them ideas for their own wardrobe.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aah cat shoes, yes! Love your dress too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Closet share with one of your friends! B and I used to do that when we got sick of our own clothes. Then we just trade back. I actually need to return one of her skirts. ;P She's a size smaller than me but I'm glad she likes her clothes loose!

    A from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love your shoes! This outfit is really lovely Alex. The belt makes it brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shoes.

    I have had to be strict with myself and redefine what 'blogworthy' is. As in, my day-to-day style is vintage/modern, but sturdy and washable etc'. I have started to make myself blog my 'real' clothes- it's worked both ways (a) I feel better about everyday clothes and (b) I now have to be more creative with accessories and so forth, which can refresh a much worn outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going through a wardrobe crisis. Feel like I'm repeating everything and am getting fed up. Bah.
    But I looove those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are brilliant and so is the way you are wearing the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic shoes, love them lots. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cat shoes purrrrrrr xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Alex, what have you done. I'd gotten over Cat Shoes by DIYing myself a pair. Satisfied I was. Until these. What have you DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cat shoes are awesome, and all cats are scared of water right, so how fitting that they dislike the rain.

    I'm having a wardrobe crisis at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shoes are amazing! Love the tail detailing on the sides :) Also look at those legs Alex!

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!