Image Map

Minty Floral Fun

Thursday 22 August 2013



I was a victim of The Changing Room Horrors yesterday. I tried on 3 dresses in the massive Manchester Primark: one was the most bizarre fit ever, one was pretty much see through and the other one was alright but a bit shoddy and not worth spending £17 on. So far, so average, at least for a Primark trip.

Then I made the bold move of trying on dungarees. Big mistake. Huge mistake.

Admittedly, this cute polka dot dungaree dress almost looked nice. If it hadn't been about 6 inches too short, I'd have bought it. But I also tried on the dungaree shorts (ohhhh, that wasn't a pleasant reflection in the mirror) and the proper full length dungarees (it would have been funny if I hadn't been virtually crying at how awful they looked). No matter what the style, they're clearly never going to suit me and it makes me sad. It also makes me curse my stupid body shape that just won't suit anything at the moment unless it's a particular cut of dress.

Looking at the bright side, at least I have some nice frocks to distract me.


This pretty one came home with me from the trip to Warwick. It wasn't one of the hundreds that Sarah was getting rid of, it was one of Char's castoffs. I love having generous friends with lovely taste in clothes.




These glittery shoes are so much fun that they're almost distracting me from the destruction of my dungaree dream. Sparkly toes!


Dress - Topshop, via Char
Cardi - H&M
Jewellery - all from various Dorothy Perkins sales
Flats - TK Maxx
Bag - c/o Brit Stitch

15 comments:

  1. Besotted with those flats Alex! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It deleted my comment but left my name! I said - dungarees weren't designed for women. That dress however looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just fallen in love. With your shoes.

    You look BEAUTIFUL in mint :)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit - I love the dress! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh pretty pattern on the dress, loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to wear dungarees too, but it turns out they hate girls with boobs and hips. *huff* On the upside, this is a really lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Primark..one gem in 10,000 oddly shaped items.
    I love your bag, that colour is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dungarees are not for me either I'm afraid :'( xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dungarees, but I don't look good in them either. I think they suit nobody.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those shoes! Might have to try and do my hair like this on the weekend with a ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so lovely here, mint really suits you! I can't do dungarees either, I think it's my short legs that ruin it for me!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit, loving the colours and pearls! I DREAD to imagine what I'd look like in dungarees. 'Pregnant' I suspect, but so horridly so, that nobody would have got me pregnant in the first place! TMI maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love all the mint, it looks great on you. I think I need to persuade my friend's to give up more of their clothes collections! I had an incident in Primark with a a short jumpsuit the other day... Am never going to speak of it again.

    Liz xx

    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete
  15. So heavenly whimsical! Love this, you look so pretty in such adorable pastel hues!

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!