Image Map

Why Plain Jumpers Are Worth Celebrating

Wednesday 18 March 2015




I was wandering around H&M at the weekend and debating with myself whether anything was worth buying. I'm on a sort-of spending ban and although there are no real rules to it (I'm just being even stingier than usual), I wasn't going to break it by buying any old crap. Luckily H&M was totally on my side here and had made all the nice stuff in either horrible fabric or at a weirdly cropped length, thus rendering it unbuyable to me. Cheers dudes!

Then I saw a lovely navy jumper and I genuinely went "Ooooh!"

Cos who doesn't love a good jumper?

Yes, it's very sensible and very plain and I'm sure lots of you wouldn't be caught dead blogging about something so boring. Well sod ya. I'm blogging about it.

Check out that photo above. It's an actual appropriate length!!



And it has nice cuffs!


And it fits well under my big coat. Hurry up spring.

I don't even care if navy jumpers aren't interesting. Clothing that makes you happy is always worth celebrating.

I was away from my proper camera today so you'll have to accept hastily snapped iPhone snaps of it. My selfie game was not strong. Soz.



Jumper and stackable rings - H&M
Jeans - George
Coat - F&F via charity shop
Shirt - Toggi

13 comments:

  1. That looks like a cosy cosy jumper. T keeps telling me I should stop buying jumpers, but that's not about to happen any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a jumper. Haven't got time for a scrap of neon net that isn't going to A. Flatter me B. Keep me warm. And if that makes me sound like a nan, I don't care.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for practical purchases! If I'm going to spend my money on something, I want it to last and be versatile - that jumper ticks the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how I live my life! Except for the odd occasional flights of fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most basic clothes often end up being favourites, as they go with so many things and enable exciting outfits - outfit enablers! That's my newly invented term for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that! I think my favourite jumper is my plain navy one, it just works with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'm a bit fan of plain jumpers too, especially grey ones; they're my base work staple on 'can't be arsed to think about what I'm wearing' days ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was having a wardrobe sort through a few weeks ago and realised that all of my jumpers, except one that was a gift, are plain. I just don't do pattern, probably because most of my dresses are patterned and a plain jumper is perfect for layering. Alarmingly, all bar two of mine are grey or cream... Think I need to branch out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with a navy jumper!x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't go wrong with a navy jumper and this looks lovely!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love a good jumper! I have a few basic, plain jumper, but I'm always quite partial to a pattern, so much that they are now my staple basic jumper haha

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't beat a navy jumper, it's a classic!

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!