2012, on the whole, was a good year. I was rifling back through the past 365 days worth of diary entries yesterday and although according to that I spent a fair proportion of the year being cross (this is the problem when you use your diary as a venting space), I spent much more of it having a lot of fun.
Here is a random selection of some of the best bits. I'm sure I've forgotten something...
- Went to the Olympics! Also became, as per usual, massively obsessed with the Olympics and Paralympics and did little else except watch sport and cheer madly all summer.
- Watched 35 films at the cinema. And interestingly, I didn't see a really bad one (although Anna Karenina was Not Good). J. Edgar was definitely the dullest but the homoerotic subplot saved it slightly. Even more interestingly, James Nesbitt (who I loathe) was in two of my top films of the year: Coriolanus and The Hobbit. I think The Artist just about wins the award for my favourite film of the year (to the extent that I don't really want to watch it again in case it's not as good second time round) but The Raid and Looper deserve honourable mentions too, just for being different.
- Started up A Blogging Good Read which has been wonderful fun and has really expanded my reading horizons. Thank you so much to everyone that has taken part so far. I need more contributors for this year so do please let me know if you're interested, even if you've done it before!
- Holidayed in Wales:
- Got new specs:
- Had a truly amazing time at Bestival:
- Took up fence judging at British Eventing competitions. Definitely one of the best things I did during 2012.
- Went to the zoo for the first time!
- Had the best pre-Christmas treat ever at Olympia. Amongst many amazing things, I finally got to see the Shetland Pony Grand National!
- Bought my first pair of Converse. Am now a total convert and own a bright green pair and a tweed pair as well!
And here are some of my favourite photos from the year. Cos it turns out that things are better when I smile instead of looking at the floor!