Image Map

Underwear as outerwear...

Tuesday 23 March 2010


Don't worry, I haven't decided to attempt the Superman look. It was more a case of discovering a pretty but rarely worn green vest with teal lace trim when turning out my underwear drawer and deciding to try and work it into an outfit somehow. It's a bit too cleavage revealing for wear by itself so I've whacked a black vest underneath it and a black cardi over it:







Jeans & cardi - Primark

Black vest - DP
Green vest - Monsoon clearance store
Scarf - gift
Boots - Evans



Do you like the new photo location? I ventured into the gardens at work on my lunchbreak - fortunately just before it started raining. I'm so envious of those of you who have a tame photographer. It's so hard to take photos of yourself outdoors without looking like a complete oddball! I had to try and avoid people (easier said than done as there are workmen everywhere at the moment) and as I'd forgotten the tripod, I had to balance the camera between a gate and a stone wall. Awkward!

12 comments:

  1. Love the setting! What a lovely gnarly old tree you have.
    Such a pretty vest you rediscovered and I'm loving the green scarf, too.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely location! I much prefer outdoor shots but they can be impossible. I used to have a tame photographer but he bought me a tripod - a hint, I believe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vest works well worn like that, it's a gorgeous colour. What a beautiful location for a photo shoot. I do love being in among trees, almost as much I love as being by a river. Both combined is practically heaven lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you manage to miss the rain? I don't think it's bloody stopped here all day!

    Nice outfit - I love that scarf. I wear lots of my tops that way - vest underneath, cardi on top - makes things in my wardrobe that wouldn't be wearable, wearable again!

    Thanks for the comment - I hope she does like it :)

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new location is great, adds a little something to the photos.
    Good choice using the vest as outerwear not underwear, it is very pretty and a lovely colour so definitely deserves a bit of showing off.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of the vest and it goes really well with the long scarf...yu are brave taking pics outdoors I cant even gee myself up to take a pic in the garden haha wuss lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good effort!!Pretty colours,sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gree really suits you hun and I love the new location for photographs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outfit and location m'dear x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only do outdoor shots if there is nobody there: ie, my garden! I couldn't do them in public!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, your location tale made me laugh. Well done for being so brave as to venture outside for a self-timed photo! It's too busy where I live, I'd look insane! (I already look a bit mad seeing as I have a cat kennel in my front garden!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. how fun! it seriously breaks my heart to see all of these fabulous london brands being worn that I can't get my hands on! you look fab!

    freshbrownies

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!