Image Map

Let the Clothes Do the Talking

Friday 23 November 2012



Sometimes there really isn't very much to say about an outfit. Sometimes I like to natter on for many paragraphs and go off on wild tangents.  Not today.  Today I am knackered and soaked (weather: I hate you).  This post can therefore be neatly summed up in one sentence: here is a cherry print frock, here are some red shoes, here is my hair in a scraggy topknot because I went swimming at 7am before work and couldn't be faffed washing it.

But when the frock is this bold, you don't really need to talk much about it.  You just wear it and enjoy it.

Didn't quite manage to avoid the rain when taking the photos, grrrr.

Dress - vintage
Shoes - Dorothy Perkins sale
Rings - vintage (green) and Dorothy Perkins sale (elephant)

15 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right, Alex. It's magnificent. One of my favourites of yours EVER! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell, that is one amazing dress! You look amazing :D What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A statement print indeed! I do love the red shoes too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit and that dress is a real cracker, love the print.
    Have a fab weekend...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, the print is lovely and I must get some red shoes like those!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn its vintage. Was frantically scrolling down to see where you bought that lush dress. Darn it!!!
    You look fab dahlink.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such an amazing dress Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best print ever, I love it on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post makes me so happy! What vibrance, what happiness!!! (eeeek, I finally managed to get hold of the Book thief- bloomin heck, it's long! Somehow got to find your book by next week and read that too!!!! Serves me right for trying to be good and borrowing from the lobrary instead of buying!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great dress and I love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has to be just the most gorgeous dress made ever.
    I love it, in case you hadn't guessed.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have such a crush on that dress x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable photos, especially the one with the umbrella. Quite possibly one of the best dresses ever!?

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!