Image Map

Back To The Brick Wall

Tuesday 19 April 2011

What's this? Outfit posts two days in a row? Don't go getting used to it now.



I just couldn't resist my beloved brick wall any longer. Some cheeky monkey had put a giant ice cream bin in my usual posing spot so that had to get rather inelegantly hauled into a corner before I could take the photos. Not an easy feat in 4 inch heels!









Dress - Tesco, via Oxfam (£2.99!)
Cardi - Gap sale
Heels & ring - Dorothy Perkins
Pearls - BoBijou

I decided to bust out this new (to me) frock today as I had to notetake at an important meeting and wanted to look vaguely smart. I am most pleased that it fits - a size 12 in this sort of fitted style is not something I can usually squeeze myself into. It could have done with a bit of an iron judging by the wrinkles in the skirt in these pics but could I be bothered with that at 7am this morning? No, I could not.


I'm also v. chuffed with my new shoes. They were a birthday present to self as I made the somewhat shocking discovery that I didn't own any proper plain black heels. Would you believe it? I waited till they were on a 30% off offer though. I don't know why anyone buys stuff full-price in Dorothy Perkins as they are constantly having discount weekends and suchlike.


The newly chopped hair is looking a bit wayward here but I'm pleased with that too (aren't I disgustingly happy with myself today?). Proper before and after pictures can be seen in Kelly's Salon Surgery as she was kind enough to give me some advice about what to ask for on the dreaded trip to the salon.



Hello to all my new followers by the way! I need to have a look through my followers list very soon and check out all your blogs but please don't be shy - drop me a comment and say hello.

30 comments:

  1. Gah I love that dresss - I'm a size 12 - GIMME!

    I discovered something similar before New Year -a whole load of shoes, none of them sensible and black. God I hate sensible shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new hair! and yay for looking smart in a £2.99 dress from Oxfam!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, looking very lovely indeed. I like this, lots! And that's some fair inch loss on your hair missy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those heels and that ring is fab!!
    Hair is looking good, thanks for the link, most kind. :)

    DP's is great for discounts, as is New Look, don't think I've bought anything full price in years from either. Bargain hunter!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello :) I cannot believe that dress was only £2.99...it's gorgeous! The shoes too, I just wish I could walk in such tall beauties x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is fab and a complete bargain too!! The wrinkles in it, give it charm ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress looks lovely-pretty interesting print and looks great as a chic work look. I like the hair, think I might need to visit the salon surgery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving this outfit! very prettyy!

    saywhatyourheartwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this dress, what a find! :)
    and i don't think i own any plain black heels now either :S i had a pair which need reheeling but apparently they are too worn :S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurrah for the brick wall, a sure sign that it's nice and warm out! Your dress is lovely and tres professional, I always find I'm more hardworking if I dress for it! Happy haircut :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. And happy you should be too!

    Your hair looks stunning, it really suits you.

    Loving the dress I have a simlar one that always feels smart.

    And shoes!! Sooo not fair!
    LOOOVE them.

    Every girl needs a good pair of black heels, or perhaps even two three four or more!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very business-like Alex. Looks great. I popped over to Salon Surgery, some jolly good tips/ideas. And your lovely, even, fingernails. I am 'jel' (TOWIE Essex-speak!) and of the fact you can wear 4 inch heels!!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this outfit, you look very smart! (not that you don't usually....digging a hole here....) Especially in love with that ring, must find one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do look smart, twit-twoo! That dress was a total bargain seeing as it was from Oxfam. I just went into Oxfam today and saw a two-tier cake stand, it wasn't even very nice, the plates used were rubbish, and it was £25! I was not impressed. Ours is so overpriced.

    While I was in another charity shop today, there was a fire! A rug in the back had accidentally caught fire. I left as the people running the shop and a bossy customer were deciding whether to call the fire brigade or not so I don't know how the story ended. They were annoying me so much with their dithering that I had to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good lord Alex you look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the print on that dress. You look smart but gorgeous all at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look terrific in this outfit and the glossy stylish haircut. How amazing to get a dress from Oxfam for so little. Our branch is v expensive but not so outrageous as the three CS I looked into on my recent London weekend. Shirts at £8, dresses at £25+. Though I did score a Georgio Armani Le Collezioni man's summer cream jacket for £12 but then it didn't fit Mr EM - too short in the sleeves, bah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look gorgeous! I love great charity shop finds! I don't own any normal black shoes. I need more shoes!
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking fab, that dress is really lovely and yay for size 12!! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty print! Those heels are very flattering too.

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. RROWR! That dress suits you amazingly, you definitely look great in structured styles. One of the most gorgeous things I've seen you wearing. The heels are dapper too xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful!! Those heels are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dearest Alex, you look absolutely stunning in that dress. And what a bargain! I love your ring and your new hair too. Love C xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alex, you look fantastic in that dress and your legs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This dress looks fab... what a bargain too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a complete bargain! adore the way you have styled this up too xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your hair looks fab - and the outfit - I could never wear heels that high! Jealous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, you look all smart and grown up! The dress looks great on - what a bargain! I'm much too pear shaped for dresses like that. Couldn't agree more on Dotty P - they do a ridic level of discounting! And finally - I think your hair looks great too! Gosh, I'm as pleased with you as you are ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!