Image Map

Christmas Wish List

Friday 22 November 2013


Ach, the age old dilemma of want vs need.

What do I need for Christmas?

Well, nothing really, if we're being strict on the definition of need. My phone is about 4 years old and dying and my Kindle is nearly as ancient and has developed lots of odd vertical lines on the screen so I sense that's equally close to a painful demise. I need to replace both of them fairly soon but they're not exactly within most people's price range for presents! It'd be nice to have a working car radio too but god, is that a boring present to ask for or what?!

What do I want?

That's equally tricky. I really love surprises so although any of the below things would make me a very happy Alex, I don't want to actually ask anyone for them because I don't want to know what I'm getting. Dilemma!

I'll share them with you lot though - I know lots of us bloggers have similar tastes so perhaps they'll prove to be the perfect gift for someone else you know!


Fellow grammar Nazis will love this series of mugs by the Literary Gift Company:



This one is literally my favourite.


If you go back a post you'll see just how much I love Mary Poppins. You won't be surprised that I really want both of these prints:

L: Chimney Sweep Silhouette by The Happy Thought Shop. R: Mary Poppins linocut by Blackberry Press

They're from different sellers and so they don't match exactly but I think they make a lovely pair anyway.



Having a part-time horse has reintroduced me to the joys of muddy fields and massive farmyard puddles. My Joules wellies are holding up ok so far but I would really like a fleece lined pair to keep my tootsies properly warm over the winter.


I found this brilliant pair of wellies on Amazon of all places and they're now top of my list. Green! Polka dots! Fleece lined! Wide calf! Perfect!


I love my Elizabeth I ring from Cheap Frills and I'm an equally big admirer of Anne Boleyn.


So this necklace needs to be mine, right?



I can't afford much in the way of new clothes at the moment so I've been trying to avoid the shops. Being Twitter pals with some dedicated shopaholics makes that difficult though!


I'm doing my best but I can't stop hankering after this ASOS stained glass print frock. Beautiful!


Books are always welcome. My Amazon wishlist is flipping enormous but these six are hovering near the top.


Top (L-R)Christmas at Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop by Jenny Colgan, The Secret Rooms by Catherine Bailey and The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.
Bottom (L-R)The Wells Bequest by Polly Shulman (the first in this series was ace), The Exiles Return by Elizabeth de Waal and Terra by Mitch Benn.


Finally, as I wouldn't be me if I weren't lusting after something from Irregular Choice...


I was very sad when the Long Lashes boots proved to be a no-no for me. The matching bag has always been a temptation.

And I've managed to track down not one but two varieties of Flick Flack that I like. I thought it was impossible!

Shiny red

Tweedy red

11 comments:

  1. As a fellow grammar nazi I absolutely love those mugs! I feel a bit guilty saying this but I do roll my eyes when people say thing like "I'm literally starving". Ugh. And the affect/effect thing is an editor's nightmare (along with practise/practice, their/they're/there and the random sprinkling of APOSTROPHES! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the Jenny Colgan one for my commute a few days before Christmas, might treat myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mugs are amazing, I love the 'figuratively dying' one too! The Anne Boleyn necklace is ace too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the figurative mug - literarily speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovely things, I chuckled at the figuratively mug before I scrolled and saw your comment too, that one is brilliant. I heard someone say "I literally bit her head off when she said that" in a shop the other day, she needs that mug! Thinking I should probably put The Rosie Project on my wishlist too! :) xo
    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mugs are flippin' wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these picks, the grammar mugs are brilliant!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mugs, I am a big fan of The Literary Gift Co and thanks to you, I've just added a few more books to me "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring the Annie B necklace! I have that stained glass asos dress- I adore it! Think we have similar taste ;) x

    ReplyDelete

I'm easily pleased - a simple comment will cheer me up no end. So do drop me a line below...

Sorry to readers who prefer to comment anonymously but I am getting clobbered with spam at the moment so have had to disable anon comments. Feel free to get in touch with me in another way!